What is Google Webmaster Tools (GWT)
Webmaster Tools is a free service offered by Google that helps you monitor and maintain your site’s presence in Google Search results. You don’t have to sign up for Webmaster Tools, but doing so clearly demonstrates to Google that you have a legitimate site that operates transparently, as opposed to “dodgy” websites that attempt to operate covertly to mislead users and ‘game’ Google to achieve high listing they don’t deserve. In short, being fully registered with GWT is very beneficial from a Search Engine Optimisation perspective.
However, the free tools and resouces GWT provides are incredibly useful, powerful and indispensible to businesses that are genuinely committed to continuous improvement of their online presence and to maximise profits as a result.
The correct use of GWT allows you to:
- Make sure that Google can access your important content
- Submit new content for crawling and remove content you don’t want shown in search results
- Create and monitor content that delivers visually engaging search results
- Maintain your website with minimal disruption to search performance
- Monitor and resolve malware or spam issues so your sites stay clean at all times
GWT also provides you with invaluable tracking and analytics tools that provide essential performance data such as:
- Which queries caused your site to appear in search results
- Which queries resulted in the most traffic to your site
- Whether or not query result elements such as product prices, company contact info, or events are highlighted in rich search results
- What others sites are linking to you website, both good and bad
- Whether or not your website perform properly on the devices of mobile visitors
When WordPress Warrior develops any business website solution for you, registering fully with GWT is always performed by default, as it is simply one of the most powerful web business tools that you have at your disposal!
What is Google Analytics (GA)
Google Analytics is a free Web analytics service that provides statistics and a range of analytics tools for search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing purposes.
- Data visualization tools including a dashboard, scorecards and motion charts, which display changes in data over time
- Segmentation for analysis of subsets, such as conversions
- Custom reports
- Email-based sharing and communication
- Integration with other Google products, such as AdWords, Google Webmaster Tools and Google Developer Tools
Google Analytics helps you analyze visitor traffic and develop a complete picture of your audience and their needs, wherever they are along the path to conversion. GA also allow you to track where you website visitors are coming from, which is as critical as “who” they are. Tools like Traffic Sources and Visitor Flow help you track the routes people take to reach you, and the devices they use to get there, so you can optimise your site to give these people the best possible visitor experience; an essential pre-requisite to conversion.
GA also allows you to track the on-site behaviour of your visitors. Do some types of people give you better results? Tools like In-Page Analytics, which lets you make a visual assessment of how visitors interact with your pages are invaluable. You can discover what visitors are looking for and what they like, then tailor all your marketing activities for maximum effect.
When WordPress Warrior develops any business website solution for you, setting up Google Analytics in your site is always performed by default, as it is simply one of the most powerful business website improvement tools that you have at your disposal!